RYYR VOLUNTEER NEEDS:
(Volunteers can be older teens by themselves or with a parent supervising if they are younger)
Ministry Partner for Micheline - someone to help shoulder in the responsibilities of managing and coordinating the ministry's day to day operations.
Volunteer coordinator - interview/pair up w/ a child/ maintain files & requirements
schedule mentor training, etc.
- Session Mentors - with a child once a week (or more if they like)
- Day Camps that facilitates 25-50 kids (usually 3-4 hours one day at a time)
- Non-Horse Riding Mentors - could teach the child how to garden (grow fruits & veggies), how to cook or sew or put together a wood project.
Mentor Trainer - volunteer to cultivate and help teach mentors how to lead a child to the lord and spiritually guide each child.
Event & Fundraising Leaders - Each volunteer to head up and coordinate one fundraiser or event from beginning to end. Also volunteers to choose one (or more) event/function, i.e., a fair booth for the Big Knob Fair (do paperwork for registration, collect volunteers to staff the booth, make list of items & gather them to bring to the booth, etc)
Farm maintenance - volunteers to help with regular duties & special projects
Examples of Regular Maintenance:
- spread manure (w/ tractor & spreader)
- fence mending
- stall repairs or adjustments
- general repairs & painting
- weed whacking around barn, arena and fence posts
Examples of Special Projects:
- Making new paddocks - installing posts with post pounder and run electric fencing
- Building a run-in shelter for horse - basic carpentry
- Wash stall - jack hammer out concrete and re-pour and slope water towards drain
- Summer - stacking square bales of hay
- daily feedings 8am & 6pm (clean stalls, make grain, water & hay
- work w/ specific horses on a particular behavioral issue
- brush and care for medical needs
Church Groups/Youth Groups - One day type volunteer events with 5-15 volunteers to tackle multiple projects.